Sending an email to multiple recipients
Portal emails that you're likely to send to multiple recipients include proposals, plans, meeting minutes and pre-work (where you'll need pre-work submissions from multiple recipients).
When emailing from the portal, upon selecting your client from the Client dropdown, the name and email address of the client's primary contact will automatically populate.
To send a portal email to multiple people consider how you'll address them in the email and have subsequent email addresses ready to paste or type in upon hitting the Next or Action button.
- Edit the email greeting to reflect the additional recipients; click into the greeting field in the email body and amend the greeting, e.g. change 'John' to 'John and team' or 'John and James'. Alternatively, delete the field containing the primary contact's name and type directly into the email.
- Review the email (and associated plan, meeting minutes, pre-work, etc. if applicable) and update as required. Leave any Attendee Name fields blank for each recipient to complete themselves.
- Click the Next button to go to the Action screen.
- Click the button in the Recipients list. Note that the client's primary contact will already be there by default.
- Select additional email addresses from the dropdown. Contacts synced from Xero, imported via CSV, or added manually against the client will appear in this list.
- You can also type the additional email addresses in the text area, separated by a comma
- If you regularly send emails to multiple recipients, add them as that client's Contacts so they appear in the dropdown
- You can also select your email address or the emails of other firm users from the dropdown if you need to send copies of an email
- Click Send.
To receive pre-work submissions from multiple recipients, each recipient must receive their own email from the portal with a unique link to complete their pre-work.
We only recommend sending portal emails to multiple recipients within the same client company, e.g. to send pre-work to multiple attendees prior to a meeting. Use your email campaign software to send emails to multiple clients.
It's essential that pre-work is received from all attendees prior to any advisory meeting. Pre-work is important because: It engages the client in the process - preparing them for your meeting It helps you to understand the client's position to ...
Using email attachments
You can attach multiple files from your computer or a client's completed documents to portal emails. Warning! The document size limit of all combined attachments is 10MB. Adding an attachment Select your client from the Client dropdown. Click ...
Using portal documents
You will find a variety of documents across The Gap portal; this article will help you understand what these documents are for and how to use them. Types of portal documents Portal forms: these are customisable documents you edit within the portal ...
Importing clients via CSV file
The CSV import is a feature available in the Manage Clients area for administrators, and in the Clients area firm-wide. It allows users to add clients and their contacts to The Gap Portal via a CSV file. Using our CSV template To start, navigate ...
Filing documents to FYI
The Gap Portal integrates with FYI so you can easily file your portal emails, attachments and documents. How to set up the FYI integration Attention You must have administrator rights in The Gap and in FYI to follow the setup steps in this article. ...