Fixing duplicated client profiles
Duplicate client profiles typically occur when a client is added manually but also syncs from
Xero Practice Manager - when clients sync, they are matched by
XPM ID number instead of their
names and emails addresses.
While it's not possible to merge client profiles, you can manually transfer files between clients then delete the duplicate.
Transferring files between client profiles
If a duplicate client is due to the XPM sync,
retain the XPM client to ensure the client continues to sync from XPM. If you're not sure which client to delete, update a field in XPM, run a manual sync from the portal
Manage Clients area, then keep the profile that
- Make sure the duplicate clients are the same client: compare names, addresses, etc.
- Choose a client to keep: we strongly recommend that you keep the client synced from XPM or the client with the most Activity documents.
- Find activities from the duplicate from Main menu > > View Clients > select client > Activity tab.
- Click each document name in the Activity tab to download the documents.
- Navigate to the original XPM synced client's Activity tab.
- Click the Upload Document button at the top right, the Upload document prompt will appear.
- Click Browse and select the document to add. You can only add one document at a time (maximum size: 10MB).
- If you wish, edit the document name and date (to reflect the date of the activity) and click Upload. Note: client documents are listed in reverse chronological order by default.
- Repeat steps 6-8 for each document downloaded from the duplicate client.
- Check all documents from the duplicate have been uploaded to the original client in the portal and filed in FYI (if applicable). This step is important to ensure you do not lose documents.
- Finally, delete the duplicate client.
All firm users can delete a client via
; portal administrators can delete clients via
> click on a client's checkbox
Managing clients and client documents
Use the Clients area to manage your client list and succinctly view a record of all documents completed for a selected client. To manage your client list, clients can be added, edited or deleted depending on whether you're a portal administrator or ...
Filing documents to FYI
The Gap Portal integrates with FYI so you can easily file your portal emails, attachments and documents. How to set up the FYI integration Attention You must have administrator rights in The Gap and in FYI to follow the setup steps in this article. ...
Importing clients via CSV file
The CSV import is a feature available in the Manage Clients area for administrators, and in the Clients area firm-wide. It allows users to add clients and their contacts to The Gap Portal via a CSV file. Using our CSV template To start, navigate ...
What to do if you delete the 'click here' text in a client document
The blue hyperlinked click here text is how clients will access the online form, e.g. pre-work, feedback, etc. If this is deleted when editing the email, a link with the text 'Please click here to read and submit the document' appends to the end of ...
Managing inbox notifications
To start, navigate to the Main menu > > Inbox tab. The Inbox tab contains a list of the documents submitted by clients, e.g. proposals, pre-work, feedback, etc. The user who sent the document to the client will receive an email notification from the ...